Today, we’re going to take a look at a shape that you definitely know already, but maybe you aren’t familiar with all of its main characteristics. I’m talking about the square.
Geometric Shape: Square
The square is a geometric shape that belongs to the quadrilateral family because it has 4 sides.
The 4 sides are the same length and are parallel to each other. What does this exactly mean? It means that 2 sides are parallel to each other, and the other 2 are parallel to each other as well.
The 4 interior angles of a square are 90º, or in other words, they’re right angles. When all the angles are added together, they add up to 360º.
The two diagonals that a square has are equal in length and the point where they cross is the square’s center.
You already knew the square, right? But, did you know about its main characteristics? I hope this post helped you understand!
If you want to learn more, sign onto Smartick and try it for free!
- Geometric Plane Shapes: Circles, Triangles, Rectangles, Squares, and Trapezoids
- Geometric Shapes with Examples
- Discover Geometric Figures Found in Our Environment
- Geometry and 2D Shapes with the Help of a Tangram
- Geometric Figures and Straight Lines
- Scales in Mathematics: What Are They and What Are They Used For? - 01/12/2024
- Mathematical Functions: Do You Know What They Are? - 11/13/2023
- How to Apply the Order of Operations - 10/24/2023