In today’s post, we are going to present Smartick’s online teaching resources that can be used in the classroom by teachers- and are completely free.
As you very well know, the Smartick method is based on the most innovative and effective techniques and methodologies that the education world has to offer. We put a lot of effort into the content development process to provide our online and personalized learning method with the best materials and tools. On the Math Resources for Teachers page, we make some of this work available to teachers.
Teachers are always looking for resources to help in their classes. Ways to reach students to facilitate and channel their teaching efforts. At Smartick, we want to support teachers the best we can and encourage effective teaching practices.
On our teaching resources page, you will find some of the fundamental pieces of our online and personalized learning math method for children ages 4 to 14.
But first, you should know…
- This website is not Smartick, the online learning method that adapts each exercise to the rhythm and abilities of each child. The Smartick method requires a username for each student.
- Yes, this website is part of Smartick but designed for teachers. Once you are registered you have access to some of the resources that we use with our students so they can learn and evolve in the Smartick method. You can also share the resources with your students in class.
- It is designed for teaching professionals which is why we ask for information about you and your workplace.
- The project is continuously growing and developing. Since its launch, we have been adding new sections and resources and will continue to do so.
- We want to create an active and inspiring teaching community.
Smartick Teacher’s Page Contents
- Interactive tutorials: We’ve made our most prized possession available to you. Our interactive tutorials are the backbone of Smartick. We use them to present our students with the new content that they will be working on. The concepts are all placed within a real context and with reoccurring characters.
You can share them with your students through an exclusive link that can also be used to keep track of how many times a tutorial has been viewed.
You can also project the tutorials in the classroom for the whole class to watch, follow explanations, and solve problems collectively and interactively.
- Reinforcement activities. Each time you share a tutorial, you can also share a series of related activities that the students can use to practice what they’ve learned. The link can be sent to each of your students for them to complete the exercises at home.
- Manipulative resources. You have access to various tools and resources that our students use in their daily sessions. Those manipulative resources help them to model problems or exercises and understand concepts better. Tools such as an Analog Clock, Tangram, Rekenrek, Montessori Cards, 100 Square and Fraction Generator.
- Blog: From our Teacher’s Page you will find filtered Smartick blog entries referencing different learning resources.
I’m sure you already know what to do with all the teaching resources that we have made available to you. And if you still haven’t signed up for our Teacher’s Page, what are you waiting for?