Arroyo took the opportunity to emphasise the importance of math for all aspects of life, highlighting the necessity for children to master the subject from childhood and avoid any “gaps” in their learning.
This is the idea behind Smartick, a personalised online method for children from 4 to 14 years old, that improves maths skills with daily sessions lasting just 15 minutes.
Arroyo explained to David on KayaFM that Smartick has been available South Africa for several months, and many clients have already opted to sign up to this new method that adapts to the learning pace of each student.
Since its creation five years ago, the start-up Smartick has helped more than 32,000 children improve their maths skills across 70 countries. At present, a close-knit team of 45 people (computer scientists, mathematicians, professional educators, and teachers) are working to improve the Artificial Intelligence and curriculum of the method, and offer a unique, personalised service to their clients.
You can listen to the complete interview here:
- KFM Covers Keeno Kammies’ Interview with Co-Founder of Smartick
- PowerFM South Africa: Smartick Teaches Children to Love Maths
- Cape Talk interview with Javier Arroyo, co-founder of Smartick
- Expresso. Smartick: A Way to Improve Children’s Mathematical Ability
- The Daily Sun: “Smartick Boosts Kids’ Maths Skills”
- Master Math! 10 Reasons to Help Your Child do Just That - 05/28/2020
- The Positive Aspects of ADHD - 05/14/2020
- Reading Difficulties in Children: Vision and Learning - 04/30/2020