Learn How to Subtract without Regrouping
Hello and welcome back! Today we are going to learn how to subtract without regrouping. Are you ready?
Subtract Without Regrouping
We’re going to follow a few steps. If you follow them well, you’ll learn how to subtract without regrouping in no time:
- You need to place the subtrahend below the minuend so that the ones-place numbers fall in the same column.
- Now you have to subtract each column separately and in order, starting with the ones-place column.
- The last step is to place the answer of the subtractions below each one of the columns, and remember: always put it in order!
It’s easy, right? Let’s practice with an example:
We need to write down 38 and below it, 15, making sure that the 5 is just below the 8.
We start off by subtracting the ones-place column: 8 – 5 = 3, and we write the 3 under the same column.
Now, let’s solve the 10s-place column: 3 – 1 = 2, and we write the 2 below the column.
As you can see above, the answer is 23.
That’s all for today, I hope you learned how to subtract without regrouping.
In the following link, you’ll learn more about regrouping:
If you want to keep learning more Elementary Math, try Smartick for free.
- How to Add with and without Regrouping
- How to Add with Regrouping and Some Examples
- How to Subtract with and without Borrowing
- Learning Addition with Regrouping
- Learn to Subtract with Remainders
- Perimeter: What Is It and How to Find It for Any Polygon - 11/26/2020
- What is a Straight Angle and Examples - 10/30/2020
- Robby’s New Laboratory. What are Variables in Coding? - 10/05/2020