How to Solve Combined Operations
In this post, we will learn the order that needs to be followed to solve combined operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. The combined operations cannot be performed at random, an order must be followed.
- Step 1: Perform operations that are within parenthesis.
For example: 3 x (2 + 4).
First, we do the operation inside the parenthesis: 2 + 4 = 6.
Then we perform the operation: 3 x 6 = 18.
- Step 2: perform multiplication and division, always from left to right.
For example: 24 ÷ 6 x 2.
First, we perform the division because it is further to the left than the multiplication: 24 ÷ 6 = 4.
Then we do the multiplication: 4 x 2 = 8.
- Step 3: Finally, do additions and subtractions.
For example: 2 + 3 x 5.
First, we do the multiplication: 3 x 5 = 15.
Then we take the sum: 2 + 15 = 17.
Example #1 of Combined Operations:
6 + (8-3) x 2
First we complete the operation in parenthesis: 8 – 3 = 5.
From here, we have: 6 + 5 x 2.
Now we do the multiplication: 5 x 2 = 10.
And finally we have addition: 6 + 10 = 16.
Example #2 of Combined Operations:
21 ÷ 3 + 7 x 4
The first operation to be completed is in the parenthesis but in this case, there are none.
The next thing to do is multiplication and division: 21/3 = 7 and on the other 7 x 4 = 28
Now we only have addition to complete: 7 + 28 = 35
Click here if you want to learn Tricks to Solve Combined Operations! Or enter Smartick and continue to learn mathematics.
- Combined Operations: How to Solve These Types of Problems
- Learn How to Perform Combined Operations
- What Are Combined Operations?
- Tricks to Solve Combined Operations
- Working on Combined Operations through Word Problems
- What is Computational Thinking? - 05/09/2023
- Can ChatGPT Be a Good Educational Tool? - 04/28/2023
- Sudokus: What are they, and how are they solved? - 04/14/2023
It’s maths l love ❤ mathematics is a good subject
This has been an amazing experience guys, thanks so much for this page it has helped me tremendously and I truly appreciate it.
It’s really amazing to know how to tackel maths questions easily
Thanks for more 😘
Very good explanation！Thanks!
Very good explanation
Very well explained, thank you 😊